An organism which establishes a close and intimate physiological relationship with another organism is known as parasite. These are differs from predators. The adaptations due to parasitic mode of life are known as parasitic adaptation. These can be divided into two types:-
1. Morphological (Structural)
2. Physiological (Functional)
We can understand this by many examples. One of this is Taenia solium.
Morphological adaptations are as follows-
a. Body covering- Presence of cuticle-Minute spines and scales are present
b. Adhesion organs- Hooks and suckers are present
c. Locomotory organs- Absent
d. Trophic organs- Suctorial pharynx is present for sucking food.
e. Nervous system- Well developed only in adhesive organs
f. Reproductive organs- Best/ well developed
* In Taenia solium each body segment has complete set of male and female reproductive organs.
Physiological adaptations are as follows-
a. Presence of protective devices which protects from digestive juices of host.
b. Anaerobic respiration
d. High fertility rate
Author:- Dr Priyanka Dadupanthi
Powerded by:- www.gurukpo.com
- Cyber Crime
- Internet Marketing
- Somaclonal Variations
- Make Meditation Matter
- Balanced life
- Mercury Pollution
- El Nino and La Nina
- B Form Of DNA
- How Mr. Narendra Modi turned out so great…
- How to overcome fear and negativity
- SNPs-Single Nucleotide Polymorphism
- Photo Transduction
- Excretion in Platyhelminths
- Your Carrer Coaches in life
- Words decide our destiny
- Feelings and emotions-our biggest strength
- Thorough meaning of Maha mrityunjaya mantra
- Basic Elements of Thought: Concepts, Propositions and Images
- Tobacco mosaic virus
- Pair of straight lines
- Human Karyotype
- Who are Hominoids ?
- Auditory Receptor
About Gurukpo.comGuru Kpo is a free online education portal which provides free study notes, top books for all subjects like Arts, Science, Commerce, Information technology, Management, Mass communication, Engineering, Education, Nursing, etc. Here you can read notes on all subjects with new techniques and simple text format which will help you to attain your goal and also to score good grades. We hope you all will utilize this opportunity.
Biyani Group of Colleges
Websites for Blogs